|Tel.:||+49 0171 576 70 10|
|Fax.:||+49 (0) 40 808 07 78 77|
PRESECURE was founded in 2000 as a company geared to the innovative use of scientific findings. Thanks to the many years of experience gained by its staff in international and national networks, the company has detailed knowledge of the practical problems involved in IT security.
Accordingly, its research activities concentrate on three focal areas:
1. Practical issues of cooperation between organizations in persuing, solving and overcoming attacks on the Internet;
2. Implementing flexible, adaptive security management sytems for organizations;
3. Using information about attacks on the internet to set up early warning systems, both for individual organizations and on a network scale.
PRESECURE is an active member of BITKOM (on various committees), FIRST - Forum of Incident Response Security Teams (international umbrella organization of computer incident teams) TI (Trusted Introducer, accredited team) and the German CERT association.
- eCSIRT.net --- funded by the EU as part of the sixth Framework Programme. Standards and transfer formats for active cooperation and automated data exchange between computer incident teams.
- CarmentiS --- conception and component development for an information management platform for automated collection, standardization, aggregation and analysis of data about Internet attacks and incidents. The aim is to establish a national early-warning system based on a collaborative approach.
- OCTAVE --- simplified definition of SME companies' own security level. Based on questionnaires and process descriptions; the definitions and categories of the queried information are based on BSI 7799 / ISO 27001 and thus create an easy entry level for information security management.